Monday, July 06, 2009

7-4 (Sat)

They let me go today because there was no business - I thought it would be like this on the 4th. I was happy to leave. I don't care about the money - it's so little anyway. I just want to make enough to pay for my room and board. I don't want to have to owe!

There was a 4th of July “parade” this morning. Jenny said if you blinked you would miss it. I blinked! She was looking out the window from the phone center and said the parade consisted of one van, some sort of wagon and four wranglers on horseback. They sang songs in front of the hotel. We had the windows open but I couldn’t hear them.


Tonight was the 4th of July dinner at the EDR. It was the best meal we have had since I’ve been here: steak, baked potato, corn on the cob, zucchini and Cesar salad. For dessert we had watermelon or strawberry short cake. I ate with Gary and Suzanne (our dorm mother) and Lois and her husband. Lois was talking about how bad the mosquitoes are at Grant Village. She said her husband’s white t-shirt was black from the mosquitoes. She said one of the employees had a tent set up inside his room because they were so bad and that there was blood all over the walls where he had hit and killed them She said when the door to the lobby was opened you could see them coming inside.


I went with Gale and Jenny to Gardiner at 8:00. Since it wasn’t dark we decided to go to the K Bar for a drink. Jenny and I both had a beer. I tried a dark beer called Moose Drool. Around 9:00 we went over to Arch Park to watch the fireworks.

No comments: