Thursday, May 27, 2010


7-27 (Thurs)




It was very cold this morning. Since we were taking the train to Silverton and riding in an open car we decided to wer long pants, thermal tops, and I put on the fleece I bought yesterday at the Thrift Store over my sweatshirt.




After everyone was loaded we went whistling and tooting our way through town. We were in the last 2 seats on the open air car and we had a great view.




It took about 2 1/2 hours to reach Silverton. We ate lunch at the Pickle Barrel then walked around town until it was time to get the bus back to Durango. We got great advice from our friends to take the train up and bus back. I slept most of the way back because I hardly slept at all last night.




When we got back I took off for the laundry mat and washed our clothes.
The top picture is on the train today. The second pic is me driving across country wearing my garden gloves.





1 comment:

Dodie said...

5/31

NJ,

Where the heck are you now? No blog received since Thursday. Is all OK???

Dodie