Monday, July 12, 2010

After dinner Nancy and I rode out to the Lamar Valley. We saw a black bear (cub) on the way out. It was down the hill a little way. People at the top of the hill were all taking pictures. All of a sudden we saw everyone running - the bear had started up the hill towards them. When we got out to the valley we saw lots of buffalo and then we went out to where there had been a kill a few nights ago. There was a grizzly chewing on it and a wolf circling around trying to get his share. On our way back we were stopped by a herd of buffalo. They kept crossing the road in front of us. Three of the cars ahead of me got through but then I was stuck. I tooted my horn and flashed my lights to no avail. They probably hung us up for at least 20-30 minutes.
By the time we were driving back to Mammoth it was dark. We had to be really careful that an animal didn’t jump out in front of us. We actually came upon a fawn on the side of the road. When she saw our lights she walked right out into the road. We were hung up there for awhile until she figured out that she should go up into the hills.

No comments: