Saturday, April 06, 2013

This morning at 12:30 the fire alarm went off in our dorm.  It was blaring and blaring.  I was in a deep sleep and thought it was the alarm clock.  I was pushing every button on it to try to make it stop but of course it wouldn’t.  Nancy said she kept telling me over and over “it’s the fire alarm” but I still couldn’t understand what she was talking about.  I was getting ready to pull the plug from the wall when she began telling me to get on my coat because we had to go outside.  I finally realized what she was talking about.
    Almost everyone was already outside when we got out there.  Thankfully it wasn’t raining or snowing but it was in the 30's.  It took forever for the fire truck with the two firemen to arrive.   They determined it was our friend’s room, 606, that set it off.  It was his humidifier.  It was  about 1:20 when we got back in the bed.  Getting up for work at 5:30 was hard.
    I talked to one of the guys in the lounge early this morning and asked him if he was outside last night.  He had no idea what I was talking about.  He slept through the whole thing.  I don’t know how because the alarm when off for about 40 minutes.

No comments: