Friday, September 26, 2008

9-26 Friday



Even though I slept under the two heavy blankets I got up in the night and put on my fleece. I should have put on my earmuffs.



We didn´t have breakfast until almost 9:00. We had a wonderful day doing just what we wanted at our own pace.



We started out by walking to the Plaza de Armas. We went into the cathedral. It appeared they were having a service so Barbara went up to have communion only to find out she was participating in a funeral!



Next door to the cathedral was the Casa del Corregidor with some cute shops. Within the courtyard was a charming cafe.



We went on up the street and saw the balcony where one of Peru´s viceroys used to live.



We walked back to Lima Street and ate in an interesting restaurant with old clothes irons all over the walls. We split a dish of alpaca followed by dessert.



We walked on down Lima to parquet Pino and saw an 18th century church. From there we went to the Central Market. We walked through it but it was mostly finished for the day.



Lastly we walked to Lake Titicaca. We will leave from the docks in the morning for a full day tour. Going back to the hotel we rode in a bicycle taxi.



The heather in our room does no good what so ever. we wear all our jackets and scarves when we´re in the room. My fingers are so cold I can hardly type on the computer.

No comments: