Wednesday, June 02, 2010




Red Canyon near Bryce


5-31 (Mon)

On our way out of the Bryce area we stopped at Red Canyon and did a hike. I was also a beautiful area.

From there we headed on down the road to Zion. We had to retrace some of the same territory we traveled yesterday.

We found a hotel, the Driftwood Lodge. I asked if they had any discounts - only if you're 62 or older. Thankfully Nancy qualified and we got $5 off. The room was beautiful, all black and white. The bedspreads were white down comforters. We didn't dare sit on them or put any of our stuff on the beds.

We settled in, did email etc. We were exhausted. About the time we were ready to go to bed we noticed our A/C wasn't working. I called the desk and told the girl we couldn't sleep because it was too hot. She came down to check it out. I had it on 68, she cranked it down to 62 and cold air came out. As soon as she left the darn thing went off. I called her back again. she said she didnt know how to help us. I asked if we could change rooms. She had to talk to her manager. She called back and said she's upgrade us. I asked if the price would be the same and she said, "yes." I had on my pj's but we threw everything in the car and went to our new room.









No comments: