Monday, August 01, 2011

They let us off work at 10:30 yesterday. We went to Gardiner to get gas. When I tried to pay with my credit card it was declined. W went back to Mammoth and I got on the computer to see if I could tell what was wrong with my credit card. I had a message from Bank of America saying my card had been compromised. I could see that it had been charged that day at Publix and Taco Bell. I called immediately. They said the card was charged in Miami - $217 at Publix and $5.50 at Taco Bell. Now I have to get a new card. I thought it was strange that they hadn’t gone out and bought a load of electronics. Can you believe $5.50 at Taco Bell? Weird.
We drove around the park one last time and ate lunch at Lake Hotel.


Today we said Adios, Farewell, So long, Good Bye Yellowstone. We won’t miss the job but we’re sad to depart from our wonderful friends and all the fun we have had this summer. The beauty of this place creeps into your soul, there are wildflowers everywhere and animals to make you smile. This morning the elk were calling to one another as they came down the hill. On to the next adventure . . .

We didn't get out of Bozeman until noon! We drove to Deer Lodge and toured the Grant-Kohrs Ranch. The ranch was second only to the King Ranch. The original 4,000 square foot house on the ranch was built by Grant in 1862. Kohrs purchased the home and in 1890 and added another thousand feet to it. We took a tour of the house and some of the surrounding buildings: the blacksmith shop, bunkhouse, draft horse barn etc. We only stayed a couple of hours but will go back next year to spend more time.

We drove on to Missoula where we are spending the night. Our car is loaded, we can't find a thing!!! Tomorrow is another adventure.

No comments: