Wednesday, September 27, 2006

9-27 Wednesday

I thought we'd sleep really late this morning but NO, we were up at the crack of dawn. Neither one of us slept well at all.

Breakfast came with the room. It was unbelievable! I have never seen such a fabulous breakfast. Fruits, juices, eggs, cereals, yogurts, hot dishes, cold dishes and even salads. It was too fabulous. Unfortunately I still had a bad stomach but I didn't let that stop me.

We set out to find a new "home" since we only had the Ambassador for 2 nights. We literally spent the whole day looking for another place. I felt awful most of the day with my stomach continuing to be upset but mostly because I didn't get any sleep I was completely out of it.

We sent our passports over to the Myanmar Embassy to get visas. They should be back tomorrow. We plan to leave for Myanmar probably on Saturday.

We are planning to go to the River Kwai on Friday.

We ended up rebooking the Ambassador Hotel for another two nights. Even though it is more than we would normally pay we didn't want to go through the hassle of moving and we found it hard to come to come to terms with giving up the fabulous breakfast.

You know you're in Asia when . . .

it takes two people to turn down the bed. They tuck the sheets in so tight that you would think they cemented them to the bed frame.

You know you're in Asia when . . .

your laundry is hanging all over the room and you're praying for it to dry by morning. Even with our air conditioner running we aren't having good luck with our clothes drying.

I know I'm in Asia when . . .

I immediately stick my hair in two pony tails!

No comments: