Thursday, September 28, 2006

9-28 (Thursday)

Just a brief message . . . I still have a bad stomach and may have to get off the net at any minute! Actually I was okay all day because I took a Cipro last night. I think I need another one tonight.

I felt like a new person today after having a good night's sleep.

This morning we paid for our trip to the River Kwai. We go there at 6:30 in the morning. We accidently stumbled into a foot massage place for a very relaxing time while we were waiting to be picked up to go to the Royal Palace. I had been there before but it was worth seeing again. Very impressive.

On the way home we had to stop at the obligatory "gift" shop. This was a giant place where they were selling jewels. They were so beautiful. They have one sales clerk to follow you around to try to sell you something. That drove me crazy because I wasn't going to buy ANYTHING.

When we got back to the hotel we picked up our passports and paid for our flight to Myanmar on Sat. We still don't have a room there but are working on it. I don't know if they have internet there or not so if you don't hear from me for a week or so you'll know why. When we get back to Bangkok we are going to head north to Chaing Mai.

1 comment:

Judy Weiner said...

Okay, Nancy, it is October 10 and no postings for 12 days. The question is "Nancy, Where are YOU?????". Is Myanmar that backward to have no internet. Hopefullly you are not in some third world country jail for a visa infraction or some other stupid excuse to abuse citizens of the great Satan. Hope to hear something soon.