Wednesday, September 27, 2006

We're here!!

We flew from Orlando to Detroit on Monday morning. We had a long way to walk to our gate in Detroit but we welcomed the exercise. We were going to get something to eat but I heard them announce that you had to be ON BOARD 30 minutes before departure or you weren't going. We got to the gate about 35 minutes before departure. The girl said we only had 6 minutes. We didn't have time to get anything to eat. When we got on the plane it was full! Was I ever lucky - I had a window seat and the seat in the middle was empty. Joyce also had the same good luck where she was sitting.

Usually on international flights you can have beer and wine for free so you can imagine how surprised I was that NW charged $5 per drink. I don't usually drink on a flight but it did surprise me.

The good thing about eating elementary school food all your life is that it prepares you to gag down airline food!

We landed in Narita, Japan in terrible weather. We had about 2 hours before the next flight. I needed that much time because I had a bad stomach and stayed in the bathroom most of the time.

The flight from Narita to Bangkok had a TV monitor on the back of each seat. The plane from Detroit to Narita was MUCH bigger but only had one TV in my area. From where I was sitting you would have had needed binoculars to see the screen. As far as I know they only showed one movie and that was in the middle of the night.

We got to our hotel around 1 a.m. and probably in bed about 2:30.

No comments: