Saturday, August 11, 2012

 Bow River - Banff
 Cascade Gardens - looking down on Banff
 Fairmont - Banff
 Lake Moriane
 Bill & Mary Ann @ Lake Louise
 Lake Louise
Fairmont in background  
We arrived in Banff this past Thurs and have spend the last three days with my brother and sister-in-law.  We were blown away by the beauty of Moraine Lake.  We hiked in this area before heading over to Lake Louise where we had a lovely lunch and then did a hike to the tea house.  The "one hour" hike was three miles straight up and took me two hours.  I was bummed to learn that I would have to hike upwards again if I wanted to go to the bathroom which I did!  We came down on a horse trail and it took less than an hour.

Today we took a great tour of the Fairmont in Banff which was recommended by my friend, Wendy.  We learned so much about this huge, old, famous hotel.  We walked the streets, poked in stores, had lunch and just enjoyed the day.

Tomorrow ND and I are packing up and heading northwest.  We're thinking we might make it to Prince George Sunday night.

No comments: