Thursday, October 20, 2011

10-20 (Thurs) Cappadocia, Turkey

I forgot to mention that we are staying in a cave in Cappadocia.

Barbara now

Nancy is being a teacher right now she said "you write now" so here goes
I am so happy I got my chores done before lights out tonight. I had an amazing birthday starting at 6:40am pick up for hot air ballooning over the caves of Cappadocia - they are not really caves like I think of in the ground but pyramid looking things called fairy chimmeys that were chiseled out in the 11th century. We entered several cave churches today one called "Dark Church" because there is only one very small window. Back to my BD - upon returning from ballooning, the staff and Nancy prepared a surprise breakfast complete with cake and candles - then the tour including the Open Air Museum and a rather strenuous hike steep ups and downs and yes Nancy fell AGAIN and then AGAIN on the bus - no laughs this time tho. Nancy is sick with bad sore throat - I made her take vitamin C so expect her to be all well by morning. We had a nice dinner at our favorite resturant Farmville and back to hotel after booking a Turkish Bath at lovely hotel (right next door to our hotel) for tomorrow night. We sauna then get all the dead skin scrubed off then soaped up and hosed down. Hope we don't clog the drain with all our dead skin - will infor about that later. It's 10:00pm nighty nite

No comments: