Saturday, October 08, 2011

10-8 (Sat) Istanbul


That darn call to prayer which I'm listening to right now is driving me nuts. I wake up to it and go to bed with it echoing in my ears.


As you know we couldn't get into Greece so we changed our plans and landed in Istanbul. That isn't a bad thing, the bad part is the hotels in Greece won't give us our money back. Shame on them!


I think Barbara was bummed out when I suggested we take the metro and tram into Istanbul from the airport. It saved us about $35-$40. The metro was great but the tram was an adventure in itself. People were litterly pushed into the cars. You couldn't turn your head it was so tight.

We have already toured a lot of the top spots: the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, the Spice Market, the Grand Bazzar and a cruise on the Bosphorus. Tomorrow we're taking the tram over to the Asian side to do a little shopping and looking around.



















No comments: