Saturday, October 14, 2006

10-11 (Wednesday)
After we had breakfast I took a cab to the Internet. Joyce stayed at the hotel to do her own thing.
We both dressed up in our sarongs for lunch. I even curled my hair. U Tin Wint came to pick us up at 11:00. I took my rolling backpack because a screw had come out and I wanted him to help me find a place to have it fixed.
We drove to his house. It was in a very tall building. They had two floors. They slept on the 2nd floor. Six people lived in the house - U Tin, his wife, the mother-in-law, the 2 daughters and the sister-in law. The mother-in-law was all dressed up in her finest clothes. They were all so excited to have us in their house. I had been praying that we would be able to eat the food. My prayers were answered. U Tin Wint must have told his wife what we ate on the trip because she had prepared fried rice, fried potatoes, chicken, chicken sausage, some sort of tomatoes and onions and some sort of fried dish that puffed up. Only Joyce, U Tin Wint, and I ate. May Thu and her mother just watched us. I thought everything went well. We visited for about an hour after lunch then U Tin Wint took us to a repair shop for my suitcase and back to the hotel.
I changed clothes then we took a taxi to Scott's Market to pick up our glasses. We walked over to another market to buy chocolates for U Tin's wife as a thank you for the lunch. We will give it to him tomorrow when he takes us to the airport.

No comments: