Sunday, October 15, 2006

10-16 Monday Thank you

Thank you Roxy and Gail for telling me what to do about my toe. I did find some epsom salt last night but then the hotel was out of hot water so it didn't do any good to soak my toe. Today I have done everything you two told me.

Last night we went back to the local night market where we were yesterday afternoon. I can't let a painful toe slow me down. It was packed with people and many more streets and stalls had opened up. We saw all kinds of good stuff to buy but where are we going to put it? We know we'll be buying in Lao! We got another massage. Joyce had another foot one and I had the neck, shoulders, arms, hands and head. Fabulous.

When we got back to the hotel we tried to repack everything. Somehow we got it all in.

This morning we went to one of the shopping areas to get a strap for the new suitcase Joyce bought here in Chiang Mai. We also went to the bank and I cashed more money! I have got to quit shopping. We also had the bank break down some of our 1,000 bills. We know we won't be able to get change for them in Lao. We just heard from Wired Destinations about 5 minutes ago. We have a room for the first night in Laung Prabang. We're going to try to get something cheaper when we get there.

We're waiting for Mr. Patrick from the travel agency to pick us up and take us to the bus which will drive us about 5-6 hours where we will spend the night before picking up the slow boat the next morning.

No comments: