Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oct. 29 Joyce's birthday!

All of you who know Joyce please send her a birthday greething and some news from home. Sunday, Oct. 29 was her birthday. She will be sooooooooooo happy if she gets messages from home.

I could never ask for a better travel partner than she has been. This is the sweetest girl in in world. She is such a good sport and the most compassionate, sympathetic and giving person. In Asia it is expected that you bargain for everything. She feels so sorry for the people that if they ask 100 for an item she is likely to give them 125! I bought something in Luang Prabang and she thought I paid too little. She told me later that she considered slipping the woman another 50. Thank goodness she didn't because it was for that stupid shirt I bought that all the color washed out of and fell apart the next day. She's doing a little better now days.

Anyway, if you know her be sure to send birthday greetings.

No comments: