Saturday, October 28, 2006

10-28 (Saturday) Hanoi

I felt much better today – back to normal.

After breakfast we went back to the room to finish packing up for our trip to Saigon tonight. We leave by train at 11 p.m. We hung around the room reading and watching CNN until noon when we had to store our luggage and leave the hotel. We have been homeless ever since.
We took motorcycles to the Sheraton Hotel which I though was across from where Dinki and I used to eat. Well, I was wrong. We drove way out of town. We cruised through the gift shops and then decided to check out the lunch buffet. It had everything and it ALL looked fabulous. In a minute Joyce was calling to me, "Nancy, Nancy come here. You’re not going to believer this!" She thought the hostess told her it was $1.80!!! In reality it was $18.50!!! A slight miscommunication!

We again hired motorcycles to take us to the Hilton Hotel. The dumped us at the Hilton Center. We had to walk from there to the Opera House. Then we went to Au Lac Café which is where we were trying to go in the beginning. We had a wonderful meal then wandered around. We finally parked ourselves at the Hilton. We were going to do email at their business center but it was 15 cents a minute. No thank you!

Being homeless isn’t fun. We have walked and walked today. My feet are killing me and I want to get in a bed. We shared a meal tonight and are now just waiting for the time to pass so we can go to the train station.

1 comment:

superstar said...

life just good