Saturday, May 30, 2009

5-28 (Thurs)
I was up at 5:30 trying to clean up before my roommate arrives. I got to breakfast around 6:30 and ate with Jenny from NC. She had already been to the gym and worked out.


After breakfast I walked around the old fort area down to the chapel. We didn’t have training until 10:00. I talked to some people from my dorm: sisters Loretta and Barbara from Arcadia, FL and Bruce who used to live in W. Palm Beach but now lives in northern GA.

One kid, Spencer, from AZ didn’t show up at training until 10:30 (it started at 10:00) and that was after they sent someone to wake him up. At lunch I saw Loretta and Barbara - one of them asked me to go to the Lamar Valley with them tonight. I was thrilled.

We had an hour for lunch (when we start working it will be 45 min.) Our afternoon training was from 1-5. In the morning we had to interview each other and then tell the group about the person we interviewed. I did Gale from AZ Afterwards she told me I made her feel so good with my introduction of her.

I met up with Barbara and Loretta at 6:45 and we took off for the Lamar Valley looking for wildlife. We saw antelope, buffalo, a beaver, deer and a baby buffalo who was separated from the herd. It was standing very still at water’s edge. A coyote was standing right above the calf waiting to attack. We didn’t stick around but there were an army of people there watching. We didn’t get home until after 9:00. It stays light a lot longer here than it does at home.


No comments: