Friday, May 29, 2009

5 -25 (Monday) Orlando to Bozeman

I talked to Betty and she said I MUST take sweat pants and a sweat shirt to sleep in or 4else I would freeze my tail off. I stuck those two items n my suitcase plus a couple other things - I weighed it and according to my calculations I was over 50 lbs. I decided to leave the4e sweat stuff at home. Then I had the4e brilliant idea to wear the pants over my jeans and the sweat shirt over my t-shirt.

When I got up at 5:30 I got dressed, unplugged everything and ate breakfast. P.
Patty picked me up at 7:00. She couldn't tell that I had my jeans on. We weighed my suitcase again and decided it was okay

Because it was Memorial Day we had the highway to ourselves. Before I got out of the car I put on my sweatshirt. Besides my suitcase I had my backpack with my camera, computer and a million other things. Attache4d to my pack I had another duffel shaped pack with my travel pillow and all my meds. Those two it4ms weighed 20 lbs! Oh my aching back! In addition to all that crap I had my coats. I was originally going to take my fleece and a fake fur lined vest but Robin called the night before last and said it was 26 degrees in Yellowstone. I dug out my down filled jacket that I took to the arctic circle. I had to figure out how to take all that stuff so I put the vest inside the fleece and the fleece inside the arctic jacket and zipped it up Then I tied plastic around the middle. I was probably carrying as much weight as I had in my suitcase. I was worried about getting through check in so I did curbside. United charges $15 fdor one checked bag. Bummer. I had the guy weigh it right there andit was 46.6 lbs. PERFECT! He didn't say aword abut my coat or my pack. Patty waited to see if it made it thought okay. Just as I was giving her the"thumbs up" a service van backed into the front of her cr! She tried to run up to his van and stop him but it was too late. Thankfully he didn't do any damage.
I got through security just fine. I forgot to take my laptop- out but they didn't stop me. When I went to a bench to put on my shoes I took off my Mickey Mouse sweatshirt.

I stopped and bought a sweet roll (not on my diet) but I was worried I wouldn't have time to eat in Denver. When I got to the gate I panicked again when they announced that you could only take one bag on board. Then I looked around and saw people with everything but the kitchen sink. The girl didn't bat an eye when I went past the last check point with my boarding pass.

I was in the very last row on an aisle seat. I always request an aisle seat when I'm flying in daylight. A family got on after I did. The father asked if he could sit on the aisle to be near his family. I HATE the middle seat but I gave him the one he wanted.

When I arrived in Denver I must have walked a mile from a gate in the 20's to a gate 86. We landed 40 minutes ahead of schedule which was a good thing because I didn't have any time to fool around before they were calling the Bozeman flight. We went out on a relative small plane. I was afraid a teenager would be flying it but he looked at least 23.

As we approached Baseman I saw beautiful mountains and they were covered with snow. I was so excited. I was less excited when we landed and it was raining. I rode to the hotel with a crew from Compass Air. I have never heard of them. By the time we got to the Holiday Inn it had stopped raining. Doesn't that sound like Florida?

My room was $116 but when the girl heard I was going to work in Yellowstone she said I could get a discount - $69. That was a wonderful surprise. After I checked in I went across the street to Walmart where I bought some grapes and water. Then I went to a BBQ place because I was starving. I got something to go and brought it back to the room to eat. I was feeling better after food so I walked probably a mile down the road and then back stopping at Kmart and a grocery store. I went to the gym at the hotel and worked out for a short time.

The girl at the desk said there were several people at the hotel that would also be picked up by the Yellowstone bus in the morning. We are supposed to leave the hotel around 6:30 and go to the Greyhound Bus Station to meet the Yellowstone bus.

No comments: