Saturday, May 30, 2009

5-29 (Friday)

We had one day of training and now two days off! I messed around here and didn’t go to breakfast until 7:00.

After breakfast I did my laundry. Then I walked down to look at the owl family and then I walked up to the terraces. When I was about half way up I ran into Gale coming down. She is roommates with Jenny. I think they get along just fine but Jenny is VERY independent. She constantly takes off and does her own thing. I think Gale would like someone to do things with. She’s going exploring in her car tomorrow and I would love to go with her but she has never once said I word to me about going along in her car.

It was very hot when I was walking today. I stopped in the general store and bought some sun screen. At 4:00 I met up with Jenny and Pat (from Deltona) and we did part of the Beaver Creek Hike behind our dorms. We didn’t go that far when Pat started making sounds about turning back. I didn’t pay any attention to her and kept walking. Maybe after a mile and a half she got us to turn back.

After dinner tonight I sat in our dorm lounge and visited with some of the residents.

No comments: