Wednesday, March 23, 2011










3-23 (Wed)
This morning we went to the Glenn Canyon Dam on Lake Powell and took a tour of the facility. We were 500 feet underground in the belly of the workings. It was very interesting.
Before noon we were picked up for a tour of the Antelope Slot Canyon. I was so fascinated by the beauty of the slot that I forgot all about by back hurting.
We were filthy when we got home so we washed clothes since the hotel had a laundry for guests.
At 4:30 we took off on a 100 miles drive to the town of Kayneta to go to the Burger King because they have a “museum” inside dedicated to the Navajo “Code Talkers.” Wendy told me about this before we left Orlando. It was worth the 200 miles (round trip drive) to see it. I actually drove all the way over without falling asleep. I’m sure Nancy couldn’t believe I stayed awake and didn’t ask her to drive. She drove home!

No comments: