Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6-23 (Tues)

I didn’t have to go in to work until 1:00 today. 1-5. Carol, one of the new girls, who lives down the hall paid me a visit this morning. There is no place to sit so I invited her to sit on the bed. Then I went down to see her room. She has pictures of her grandchildren all over the walls. Her husband, Bruce, is having a HARD time in the kitchen. I don’t know that he is going to last.

It was so nice only working the four hours today. After dinner tonight Gary and Dave (two of the security guards) asked me to go on a walk with them. We walked the old Gardiner Rd. Dave walked part way with us then turned around and went back. Gary and I continued on the five miles to Gardiner. He wanted me to go into town and have a drink but by then it was 9:30 and since I had to get up at 5:30 and it was beginning to get dark I thought I’d better get back. The first car I saw coming into the park I stuck out my thumb. They stopped and gave us a ride back to the dorms.

No comments: