Monday, June 08, 2009

6-8 (Mon)

We had training for the first part of the morning and then we went into the phone room and listened like we did yesterday. After lunch the trainer came by and told the person we were listening to to let us take the calls. The woman that I had been watching told me that I did great. I knew better. I wouldn’t have had the confidence if she hadn’t been sitting right there.

All the young people from my training class are already on the phones by themselves. One guy in my class, Spencer, had his head down most of the time and was acting totally bored. Yet when the trainer called on him he knew everything. He must have a photographic memory - when we went into some of the rooms for a look he would know the price of each one. He is incredible. When the trainer gave us a task he would be finished with his before I even got started.

Tomorrow I have the day off and then I go on the phones by myself. I don’t have any trouble talking to the people it’s trying to think while they continue to yap. One call I took today the woman must have asked me about every tour in the park. Then she relayed everything to her sister. I must have been on the phone with her for 45 minutes and then she didn’t book anything.

Some young guy that lives right above me in my dorm told me he’s going to come to my room tonight and get me to come upstairs where they play games. I told him I wasn’t coming unless they play “spin the bottle.”

The guy from LA is really rubbing it in my face about the Magic not winning any games.

It was very cold when I was walking home from dinner tonight. It looks like it might rain or snow again. If the weather is nice tomorrow Jenny and I are going on a hike.

The 11 pounds I lost before coming here are returning. This isn’t a place where you can keep your weight off.





It's mainly the computer. It isn't windows based. It's DOS. You don't do anything w/a mouse. Mostly you are using the F keys. F-7 can mean more than one thing. then you have F-13 through F-24, Try to figure out where that is on your keyboard!
Yes Jenny is also in reservations. She is VERY independent and marches to her own drum.

1 comment:

Dodie said...

Nancy Jane,

I finally caught up on reading your blogs! You are really lucking out on the roommate situation.

Your challenge with the job reminded me of us trying to run the hospital gift shop!!

Ask Jenny from NC if by chance she worked in the park as a tour bus driver last year.(That would just be too much of a coincident.)

PS We are enjoying the great pictures.

Dodie