Tuesday, June 09, 2009

6-9 (Tues)

I had ½ day on the phones yesterday and now I have a day off. I went to the clinic this morning and asked if I could change my appointment from next Monday to this afternoon. They gave me an appointment for 4:00.

Jenny and I went on the Lava Creek Hike. The pictures on this page are of the wildflowers and rivers we saw. We hiked for three and a half hours. I kept telling her I had to be back by 4:00 for my appointment. When we were almost back at our place one of the park employees in a truck gave us a ride to the dorms. We were gone so long we missed lunch. I had some cereal in my room so I didn’t starve. We left Jenny’s car at the trailhead so she will have to get a ride back after dinner to pick it up.

When I got back to my room I saw the van dropping off a bunch of new people with all their luggage. I thought “Oh no, here comes my roommate.” But it was not to be, I dogged another bullet.

I went to the clinic this afternoon because I had something gross on my leg. I was worried it might be melanoma but the doctor said it’s a fungus. I felt much better hearing that. Now to try to find a ride into Gardiner to get the medicine.

After dinner tonight I met some of the new people that that came in today. Two couples are in my dorm and they are going to be doing reservations. I felt sorry for them when they told me that.








Notice the bridge high above the river.















Notice the low white patch near the middle of the screen. We hiked from before when this picture was taken to that area -where we live.




















1 comment:

monkeyboy said...

I looked on Google maps and I think I see where you were hiking. Was it off of route 212?

I can see the bridge and the river below but I wasn't able to see the flowers or the log that were in your pictures.